Not all products are available in all regions.
• Tractor Serviceability Improvement - The filter bank located at the rear of the engine compartment has undergone improvements for serviceability by raising the filter bank up for easier access.
• Engine Over Speed Protection - In the event of an engine over speed situation, the compression brake or brakes will automatically engage with no operator input. The machine determines the over speed condition based on rate of acceleration and applies compression brakes automatically.
• Advanced Cushion Hitch - With similar technology as the Cat® Advanced Ride Management seat suspension, this software allows the cushion hitch to prevent end stroke by having the ability to predict end stroke events and manage the rate of dampening. The desired result is improved hitch repair, reduced maintenance and improved operator ride in rough conditions.
• High Pressure Steering - 620K Series steering system design requires significantly less steering effort. The reduced steering effort will allow for decreased operator fatigue and a more efficient operator resulting in possible higher rates of production late in the work cycle.
• Draft Arm Overflow Guards - The open bowls now come standard with bowl side overflow guards to help prevent material from flowing over the bowl sides and falling onto the draft arms where material becomes lodged between the bowl side and draft arm resulting in decreased work cycle times.
• Auto Stall - In cold weather conditions the machine will use the Auto Stall feature to help warm up the transmission oil faster resulting in the machine shifting out of torque converter drive (2nd gear) faster than on previous models.
• Differential Lock Engagement Protection (Standard) - This standard feature allows the machine to prevent the operator from engaging the differential lock when damage could occur.
• Cab Improved - The interior of the K Series cabs has improved the operator comfort and visibility by redesigning the dash area and key pad placement.
• Machine Speed Limit - This feature is designed to take the place of top gear selection. If the machine top speed needs to be limited the operator can select the top speed through the display or the top speed can be set in ET. This will allow the machine to find the correct gear that works best for the engine and transmission. Allowing the engine and transmission to select the correct gear to pull the load in most cases resulting in a lower engine load factor and lower fuel burn verses using top gear selection that required the machine to run at engine speeds at or close high idle.
• Ground Speed Control - Ground Speed Control sets the desired top speed by the operator if job site conditions or segment speed limits require a speed less than full run out. Machine Speed Limit is intended for use when top speed needs to be limited for longer durations and Ground Speed Control is intended for use when the top speed needs to be reduced for shorter segments or intermediate periods of time. The operator can set the desired top speed and the machine will find the correct gear that works best for the engine and transmission. Allowing the engine and transmission to select the correct gear to pull the load in most cases will result in a lower engine load factor and lower fuel burn verses top gear selection.
WesTrac and our power systems partners Energy Power Systems Australia (EPSA), provide WA, NSW and ACT with Caterpillar Electric Power Systems, such as generator sets, automatic transfer switches (ATS), uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and switchgears.
EPSA is the Australian Dealer responsible for the sale of new and used Caterpillar engines and design of the installations.
WesTrac provides build-up, installation, servicing, repair and management of power generation plant and equipment, as well as industrial, truck and marine engines and transmissions – 24/7.
It is a formidable combination, providing an unrivalled service – proven reliable Cat power and superb service and parts supply.
You will find the strategic WesTrac/EPSA alliance at work throughout WA, NSW and ACT wherever prime or standby power is required.