Paperless Fluid Sampling
Simplifying your S•O•S™ experience
The WesTrac Scheduled Oil Sampling (S•O•S™) program is a mutual commitment to keep your equipment operating at the peak of its performance. As part of this commitment, we are helping you get even more out of your S•O•S experience with paperless sampling.
Paperless sampling is a new, digital way of processing your oil sample with the WesTrac Laboratory in WA.
From February 2022, if you are a customer in WA, you’ll start to notice that your S•O•S sampling bottles feature QR codes. As soon as you begin to receive these new bottles, you can start paperless sampling!
If you prefer to sample using the paper-based method, don’t worry, this will still be available to you and there will be no changes to this process.
Paperless Sampling Benefits
With paperless sampling you’ll benefit from:
- Less paper clutter, improving your environmental impact.
- An easy and new sampling process that gives near instant access to your sample results.
- Flexibility to conduct your paperless sampling using Cat® S•O•S Web or Cat Inspect.
- More functionality and integration with VisionLink.
- Advanced search capabilities.
- Easy fleet data comparison.
Make your S•O•S experience easy and choose paperless today.
CAT S•O•S WEB
- Order your usual sample kit through Parts.Cat.Com.
- Take your sample. Record your details on the canister lid or sample bottle.
- Login to S•O•S Web via My.Cat.Com (MCC) and select the components you’d like to sample.
- Within S•O•S Web, enter the sample bottle QR code number against the component sampled or use a device with a scan function to transfer the QR code directly. Submit your sample.
- Send the sample bottle to the S•O•S Laboratory using the pre-paid Australia Post bag (or mail via courier).
Don’t have access to Cat S•O•S Web? Sign into MCC using your CWS login. Within MCC you can access the ‘S•O•S Application’ from the Quicklinks section. If you don’t have a CWS login, follow the sign-up prompts on MCC to create your account.