Historical Timeline

Content Begin

Company Milestones

1925 Caterpillar begins operations in Western Australia.
1950 Caterpillar dealership moves to current premises in South Guildford.
1989 Caterpillar dealership becomes Morgan’s - from Wigmores.
1990 Dealership proprietary name becomes WesTrac Equipment Pty Ltd.
1993 WesTrac becomes the second dealership in the world to test 100,000 machine oil samples in one year.
1994 WesTrac Guildford site achieves Quality Assurance.
1995 WesTrac achieves the largest sales of Caterpillar equipment in WA Caterpillar dealership history.
1996 Guildford site extended and innovative new training centre set up, where Caterpillar Institute resides today.
1996 The Newman branch is opened.
1996 The HVOF (high velocity oxygen fuel) respraying system is introduced, an advanced re-chroming method operating in extended hydraulics facility.
1998 A major maintenance and repair contract signed with customer, the first of this type covering this level of support in Australia.
1998 Achieved 3rd Caterpillar Cell Certification as part of the company’s continuous improvement process.
1998 State-of-the-art Truck Testing Facility upgrade opened on Abernethy Road Kewdale. New Dynamometer machine in use at this facility.
2000 Launch of the Caterpillar Institute – a joint venture with Caterpillar that sets a new benchmark in industry training.
2000 Cat Rental Store (CRS) W.A. begins, providing rental options for our customers.
2000 WesTrac bids for and acquires contract to be the Caterpillar Dealership for Northern China Region.
2002 Cat Rental Store opens in Karratha.
2004 Successful bid for NSW/ACT Dealership. WesTrac acquires 2nd Australian dealership region.
2004 National Hire & Cat Rental Store (CRS) merger in WA & NSW.
2005 Dubbo Branch opens in new purpose built facility.
2005 Albury branch opens in joint facility with CRS.
2005 Opening of WesTrac Rebuild Centre in Tianjin, China.
2006 Renovated Cobar branch opens.
2007 Upgrade to latest Dynamometer software for Truck Engine Dyno at Abernethy Road Facility.
2007 First Australian dealership to achieve Caterpillar CC100 accreditation for a Contamination Control star rating of 3 or higher for the entire Western Australian Region.
2007 WesTrac becomes first single lab dealership in the world to test over 300,000 machine oil samples in one year.
2008 Caterpillar Institute becomes WesTrac Institute.
2008 WesTrac NSW moves to purpose built facility at Parramatta.
2008 Merger of National Hire and Coates.
2009 WesTrac celebrates 20 years of operation in WA.
2010 WesTrac and Channel Seven merge to create Seven Group Holdings Ltd.
2012 WesTrac acquires Bucyrus Business.
2012 WesTrac opens new NSW Operational Headquarters in Tomago, near Newcastle
Today

WesTrac continues to be an organisation dedicated to providing the best service and support of the Caterpillar customer and product.

To download a printable version of the above historical timeline, CLICK HERE!

 
WesTrac China

WesTrac China BranchIn 2000, WesTrac China Pty Ltd proudly opened for business, as the Cat dealer for the Northern Provinces. Headed up by some of our most experienced staff, it has grown quickly to provide our superior Equipment Management Services to many key sites across Northern China.

More recently in 2005, the WesTrac Rebuild Centre, which is located in Tianjin was added, and is the largest construction, machinery and Power systems centre of Cat Products in China.

View the WesTrac China Website