Parts Return Policy
WesTrac will consider requests by Customers to return parts (including parts exchange components) in accordance with this policy. If WesTrac accepts a Customer request to return a part(s), the Customer will be provided with a credit in exchange for the returned part(s). In some instances, Customers will also be charged a restocking fee.
How to initiate a return
To initiate a part(s) return request, Customers should contact the WesTrac Returns Area or Customer Pick up Area at your local branch. If Online via Parts.Cat.Com click the returns button to direct contact with WesTrac returns area. WesTrac will review the Customer’s eligibility to return the part(s) in accordance with this policy. If WesTrac accepts the return of the part(s), the part(s) must be clearly identified and be accompanied by relevant documentation identifying the part(s).
Days to return and when time starts
WesTrac will consider parts return when the part is receipted by WesTrac within 42 days of delivery of the relevant part or payment for the part, whichever occurs earlier. (Refer refund levels below)
Parts credit and shipping refunds
If WesTrac accepts the return of the part(s) in accordance with this policy:
- If the part is returned within twenty-eight (28) days of delivery, the Customer is entitled to receive a credit for the full price of the part.
- If the part is returned after twenty-eight (28) days but on or before forty-two (42) days after delivery, the Customer is entitled to a credit for the full price less a restocking fee of $55 or 15% of the price whichever is the greater.
Fees for shipping and transport will not be credited or refunded.
Condition of part return
To be eligible for a return the part(s) must be:
- in a saleable condition including in their original, undamaged packaging;
- accompanied by their original purchase documentation; and
- part(s) currently stocked by WesTrac.
WesTrac is unable to accept the return of:
- custom made parts, unstocked parts, used parts, unsealed filters, gaskets, batteries, ball or roller bearings, cups, cones, belts, seals, hoses, opened kits or parts; and
- parts usually sold in pre-packaged quantities where the quantity sold to the customer is less than the pre-packaged quantity.
Return processing time WesTrac will endeavour to process the return within 14 days of its arrival at the relevant WesTrac branch or distribution centre.