WesTrac offers state-of-the-art machining workshops at both our Newcastle (NSW) and Guildford (WA) head offices. where we can service and maintain your heavy equipment. Our technicians are fully-trained specialists with vast experience working on construction, mining and agricultural heavy machinery.
The Preferred Choice
As one of Australia’s largest providers of machining services, we’re the preferred choice for customers with Cat® equipment. Our machining workshop capabilities are second-to-none. We offer horizontal hone, radial arm drill and reconditioning facilities to replace both barrel and the chrome bar on hydraulic cylinders and rods. We have hydraulic cylinder and rod manufacturing capabilities with stock of honed tube (WA only) and chromed bar on hand.
Whether it’s a service or rebuild, we can meet your needs. You can trust the quality of our machining services as we regularly undergo audits to ensure we meet Caterpillar’s strict quality control industry standards. Our machining team deliver high-quality, high-performing products every time. Our Guildford workshop is ISO 9001 registered.
It’s the combination of quality of service combined with quantity of options that makes our machining workshops the provider of choice for many operations.
Top Notch Service
Our team is committed to getting your machining job done efficiently, quickly and competitively. We are experts at reclamation and manufacturing components for heavy machines. Whether it’s a simple or complex job, our facilities and technicians offer top-notch service to get your job done precisely according to your requirements.
Our Machining Services
For machining, we offer customers:
National Services (WA/NSW/ACT)
- Robotic HVOF spraying in both vertical & horizontal planes
- Manual lathes up to 6M
- CNC lathes
- CNC machine centres
- Horizontal borers
- Rottler engine travelling column borers
- Cylindrical, crankshaft & surface grinders
- Boiler shop equipped with id welders, sub arc and component rotators and we cover all welding facets MMA, MIG, Tig and utilise the latest globular and spray transfer methods
- Twin wire arc spray system-non robotic
- CNC & Manual milling machines
- CNC & Manual vertical borer machine
- Rod & Barrel Eye reclamation
- Cylinder Re-barrelling
- Honing up to 6000mm length x 670mm diameter
NSW/ACT Only Services
- 12 Kw Hornet Multi Head Laserclad machine – capable of lasering both external and internal diameters in both horizontal & vertical planes
IR4 – Robotic Twin wire arc spray system – designed and engineered for reclamation of OHT rear wheel hubs and engine block salvage
Our other services on offer:
- Reclamation of various types of parts using thermal arc spraying technology
- Crankshaft machining
- Engine block machining
- Salvage of variety of final drive/ transmission and engine components using proven techniques
- Reclamation of track type tractor undercarriage components included track frames-front and rear and bogies etc.
Our machining is done using a combination of computer numerical control (CNC) and manual equipment to ensure the highest level of precision possible. We also offer a range of specialist services including re-machining undercarriage components and motor grader circles.
Large Boring Equipment
No matter the size of your equipment we can handle it, with borer capacity up to 20t on the bed. We also have an internal welding machine for bore reclamation and a slotting machine for cutting internal keyways and splines.